Stugeron is a drug belonging to the group of calcium channel blockers with a predominant effect on the vessels of the brain.
In other words, it is possible to say that Stugeron is a vasodilating drug that improves blood circulation in the brain as well as peripheral organs. The drug effectively normalizes cerebral circulation and eliminates the symptoms of hypertension with encephalopathy, atherosclerosis of brain vessels, dementia of vascular origin, in the post-stroke period, after a traumatic brain injury, etc.
Stugeron is effective in treating the following disorders of the peripheral circulation: trophic ulcers, numbness in the limbs, diabetic angiopathy, endarteritis, etc.
Calcium channel blocker with a predominant effect on the brain vessels.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Stugeron cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 240 rubles.
Composition and release form
Stugeron's dosage form - tablets: round, flat, white or almost white in color, with a chamfer, with a risk of fracture on one side and engraving "STUGERON" - on the other, virtually odorless (25 pieces in blisters, 2 blisters in cardboard a pack).
- Active ingredient: cinnarizine - 25 mg in 1 tablet.
Auxiliary components: potato starch, corn starch, povidone, colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, talc.
The active component of the drug is cinnarizine. It has a blocking effect on calcium channels, thereby reducing the flow of calcium into the cell. This leads to a decrease in the tone of the walls of blood vessels, which in turn ensures their relaxation and increase in the lumen of the vessels. This improves blood circulation in the tissues, as well as their nutrition and oxygenation.
The most pronounced effect of Stugeron is manifested on the vessels of the brain and peripheral tissues. This reduces intracranial pressure and improves blood microcirculation.
It is important to understand that the effect of the drug is tissue-selective and it does not affect blood pressure, therefore it is pointless to try to treat hypertension with it. Also, there is no change in heart rate.
After oral administration, the drug is absorbed within an hour. However, its bioavailability is directly dependent on the content of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
The maximum concentration in the blood is noted after 1-3 hours after application, and the half-life of the drug is 4 hours.
Metabolic processes occur in the liver by glucuronidation. The products of metabolism of the medicinal substance are eliminated from the body by 1/3 of the kidneys and 2/3 of the intestines.
Indications for use
- Symptoms of cerebrovascular origin (vascular headache, tinnitus, dizziness, irritability);
- Vestibular disorders (including tinnitus, dizziness, nystagmus, Meniere's disease, nausea and vomiting of labyrinth origin);
- Peripheral circulatory disorders (thrombophlebitis, Raynaud's disease, intermittent claudication, diabetic angiopathy, trophic disorders, including varicose and trophic ulcers).
- Migraine attacks;
- Kinetics (sea and airborne disease).
- glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency;
- the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- age up to 5 years;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
According to the instructions, Stugeron should be used with caution in patients with Parkinson's disease.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
There is no information about the safety of the drug for a pregnant woman and the fetus. Therefore, the use of the drug for the treatment of women during pregnancy is justified only if the threat to the health of the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus.
At the time of application of Stugeron should stop lactation.
Dosage and method of use
As stated in the instructions for use of the drug should be taken orally after a meal.
Recommended single doses:
- vestibular disorders - 25 mg;
- circulatory disorders of the brain - 25-50 mg;
- peripheral circulatory disorders - 50-75 mg;
Reception frequency - 3 times a day.
It is recommended for patients with hypersensitivity to begin treatment with ½ dose, gradually increasing it.
The duration of treatment, depending on the indications, can be from several weeks to several months.
With kinetoz, the drug should be taken 30 minutes before the trip: adults - 25 mg (if necessary, the same dose can be taken again after 6 hours), children - 12.5 mg.
Acceptance of tablets by Stugeron can cause the development of negative pathological reactions from various organs and systems:
- digestive system: pain in the epigastric region, dry mouth, cholestatic jaundice, dyspepsia;
- dermatological reactions: skin rash, sweating, the development of lupus-like syndrome; extremely rare - lichen planus;
- central nervous system: headache, fatigue, drowsiness, depression, extrapyramidal disorders (increased muscle tone, tremor of the limbs, hypokinesia in elderly patients with prolonged therapy, requiring discontinuation of treatment);
- other: weight gain, allergic reactions.
The maximum recommended dose of Stugeron should be no more than 9 tablets (225 mg) per day.
If overdose symptoms develop, the stomach should be flushed and activated charcoal should be taken, since the specific antidote to cinnarizine is unknown. Symptomatic therapy is also recommended.
With prolonged use, it is recommended to conduct a control examination of the function of the liver, kidneys, and pictures of peripheral blood.
At the beginning of treatment, you should refrain from potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor reactions, as well as alcohol.
Due to the presence of the antihistamine effect, Stugeron can affect the result of the athletes' anti-doping control (false positive result), and can also neutralize positive reactions during skin diagnostic tests (4 days before the study, treatment should be canceled).
Patients suffering from Parkinson's disease, Stugeron should be prescribed only in cases where the intended benefit outweighs the potential risk of deterioration.
Interaction with other drugs
Enhances the effect of alcohol and sedatives.
With simultaneous use with nootropic, antihypertensive and vasodilating agents enhances their effect, and with simultaneous use with drugs prescribed for arterial hypotension - reduces their effect.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Stugeron:
- Tatyana. And it really helps me. The first 2-3 days drowsiness was terrible, and now it has become better and calmer, and I sleep at night. I drink for a month spring and autumn. Great medicine.
- Ildar. If I had known that Stugeron is the usual Cinnarizine only in the original packaging I would never buy it. Because Zinnarizin had a headache, so she was not less sick from Stugeron. Apparently this medicine just does not work for me, and I wanted to get rid of dizziness and tinnitus. With this all the trouble ...
- Zhenya. My daughter was 7 months old when the neurologist wrote us a Struger. We had problems with sleep, great irritability, nervousness. In general, the child cried all the time. We took 1/2 pill for one month. There was no result. Whether we got a neurologist unqualified, or stupid pills. I asked the girls on the forum, they say that they also did not see the result from taking these pills.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Vertizin Forte;
Analogs for pharmacological group (means for the treatment of cerebral atherosclerosis):
- Zokor Forte;
- Cavinton Forte;
- Xantinol nicotinate;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Cavinton or Stugeron?
Both drugs are analogous drugs, as both improve cerebral circulation. However, each drug has its own peculiarities of action and therapeutic effects, and therefore it is simply impossible to assess which one is better or worse.
Vinpotropil and Stugeron - can it be used together?
Yes, Vinpotropil and Stugeron can be taken together, but this combination of drugs is not entirely justified. The fact is that Stugeron improves cerebral circulation. And Vinpotropil is a complex preparation containing vinpocetine and piracetam, as a result of which it simultaneously improves cerebral circulation and has a nootropic effect (improves memory, attention and thinking productivity).
Therefore, taking Vinpotropil, you can simultaneously get the same effect as that of Stugeron, and additionally the effect of the nootropic drug. Thus, it seems inappropriate to take Vinpotropil with Stugeron, since the effect of improving cerebral circulation is present in both drugs and is actually duplicated.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store at a temperature of 15-30 ° C, in a dry place out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 5 years.