Cocarboxylase - a drug that improves energy and tissue metabolism.
The use of the drug allows to reduce the concentration of pyruvic and lactic acid, helps to improve the processing of glucose, has a positive effect on the trophism of nerve tissue, normalizes the functionality of the cardiovascular system. If the body is deficient in this substance, the level of pyruvic acid rises in the blood, which can lead to the development of acidosis.
On this page you will find all the information about Cocarboxylase: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used injections of Cocarboxylase. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Coenzyme formed in the body from thiamine.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is cocarboxylase? The average price in pharmacies is 125 rubles.
Release form and composition
The following dosage forms of cocarboxylase are produced:
- Lyophilisate for preparation of a solution for intramuscular administration (in ampoules of 0.05 g, complete with a solvent - water for injections in ampoules of 2 ml, in packs of 5 sets).
- Lyophilisate for preparation of a solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration (in ampoules of 0.025 and 0.05 g, complete with solvent - water for injection in ampoules of 2 ml, or without it, in cardboard packs of 10 ampoules, 5, 10 or 20 sets ).
- Powder for solution for injection (in ampoules of 0.05 g, complete with a solvent - sodium acetate solution in ampoules of 2 ml, in packs of 3 sets).
Active ingredient - cocarboxylase:
- 1 ampoule with powder - 0.05 g;
- 1 ampoule with lyophilisate for intramuscular administration - 0.05 g;
- 1 ampoule with lyophilisate for intravenous and intramuscular administration - 0.025 and 0.05 g.
Coenzyme formed in the body from thiamine. It has a metabolic effect, activates tissue metabolism.
In the body it is phosphorylated to form mono-, di-, and triphosphoric esters; cocarboxylase is part of enzymes catalyzing the carboxylation and decarboxylation of keto acids, pyruvic acid, promotes the formation of acetyl-coenzyme A, which determines its participation in carbohydrate metabolism. Participation in the pentose cycle indirectly contributes to the synthesis of nucleic acids, proteins and lipids. It improves the absorption of glucose, the trophicity of the nervous tissue, contributes to the normalization of the functions of the cardiovascular system.
A deficiency of cocarboxylase causes an increase in the level of pyruvic and lactic acids in the blood, which leads to acidosis and acidotic coma.
Indications for use
What helps? Cocarboxylase is used simultaneously with other drugs in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Chronic heart failure, post-infarction cardiosclerosis, coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, unstable angina;
- Acidosis with hyperglycemic coma, metabolic acidosis, acidosis with pulmonary cardiac and respiratory failure;
- Renal and / or liver failure, chronic and acute alcoholism, poisoning, intoxication with barbiturates and cardiac glycosides, infectious diseases (scarlet fever, diphtheria, paratyphoid fever, typhoid fever), multiple sclerosis, neuralgia, peripheral neuritis.
Also, the drug is prescribed to children in the neonatal period with hypoxia, respiratory failure, perinatal hypoxic encephalopathy, sepsis, pneumonia, acidosis.
According to the instructions, cocarboxylase is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
It is authorized to appoint cocarboxylase during pregnancy if the expected benefit for a woman far exceeds the potential risks to the child. If it is necessary to use the drug during lactation, you should consult with a specialist and decide on the interruption of breastfeeding of the infant.
Cocarboxylase during pregnancy, if there are pathologies in the development of the fetus, it is strictly prohibited to prescribe.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that before using the lyophilisate must be dissolved in water for injection.
Usually, adults are given intramuscular or intravenous injection in a dose of 50-200 mg / day. In diabetes, the daily dose may be 0.1-1 g. The frequency and duration of use depends on the evidence.
Children - in / m, in / in (drip or jet), newborns - sublingually. Children up to 3 months - 25 mg / day, from 4 months to 7 years - 25-50 mg / day, from 8 to 18 years - 50-100 mg / day. The duration of treatment is from 3-7 to 15 days.
The enzyme is a well-tolerated drug, and only in rare cases can it cause side effects in the form of allergic reactions.
In addition, with intramuscular administration of the drug at the injection sites, hyperemia, itching and swelling may occur.
In the case of an overdose of the drug may increase the severity of side effects, as well as violations may occur in the respiratory or cardiovascular systems.
According to reviews, Cocarboxylase does not have a specific antidote. In case of overdose, the drug should be canceled and symptomatic therapy should be conducted, as well as measures to maintain the functions of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
Cocarboxylase enhances the cardiotonic action of cardiac glycosides, and also improves their tolerability.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Cocarboxylase:
- Maria. I had a very strong and exhausting toxicosis, my weight decreased by 6 kg, the doctor found it necessary to discharge cocarboxylase. The drug was administered intravenously and the suffering was alleviated after ten injections. Then a healthy baby was born.
- Victor. I was prescribed the drug after suffering a cardiovascular disease. There were no significant changes, but the doctor said that positive dynamics are planned.
- Alla Cocarboxylase drug is wonderful, removed tinnitus. Received in / in 10 injections. Thank. I will take two courses a year. I have low blood pressure.
On the active substance and therapeutic effect is similar drug Cocarboxylase hydrochloride.
Analogs for pharmacological group (agents for the treatment of acidosis):
- Alpha D3 Teva;
- Sodium bicarbonate;
- Sodium compound lactate;
- Trometamol N.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store at temperatures up to 20 ° C up to 3 years, protect from light. Keep away from children.