Sinusitis - an inflammatory process localized to the mucous membrane of the maxillary sinuses. It can be unilateral and bilateral, occur in acute and chronic form. This pathology can develop in patients of any age; any other diseases of closely located ENT organs and infections can be the causes of the appearance of the inflammatory process in the maxillary sinus.
Inhalations are an excellent method of treating colds, viral diseases, including sinusitis. This method of treatment is especially effective at the first symptoms of the disease - nasal congestion, shortness of breath, etc. Official medicine fully supports this procedure.
At home, inhalation for sinus can be carried out on the decoction of medicinal herbs. Also, the basis of using normal saline, essential oils, bee products and other drugs with anti-edema, bactericidal action.
The main symptoms of acute sinusitis are:
- nasal congestion;
- headaches (especially if they are aggravated when the head is tilted);
- pain and feeling of heaviness in the region of the maxillary sinuses (on the side of the wings of the nose);
- reduced sense of smell;
- increase in body temperature (as a rule, up to thirty seven - thirty eight degrees);
- nasal discharge can be either mucous (clear) or purulent (yellow or green).
The sooner the treatment of sinusitis is started, the more effective it will be. In addition to drug therapy, nasal washing and inhalation are effective.
The benefits of treatment with a nebulizer
Nebulizer treatment has several advantages over other ways:
- relief of nasal breathing;
- dilution and removal of accumulated mucus and pus;
- getting the drainage effect;
- simplicity and ease of use;
- possibility of use for the treatment of small children.
Among the most common devices are the following:
- Compressor. Able to spray drugs into the fine cloud through the air flow. Such devices allow the use of virtually any solutions.
- Mesh nebulizers. Their peculiarity is that the ultrasonic waves are created by a special mesh, which is designed in such a way as not to destroy important components of the preparations.
- Ultrasound. Forming an effective cloud using ultrasonic waves generated by a special membrane in a glass of medicine.
The nebulizer allows the drug to break up into small particles and penetrate deep into the nasal cavity and maxillary sinuses. Inhalations for sinus are intended for the introduction of vasoconstrictor drugs, antibiotics and other liquid medicines.
How to conduct inhalation
To inhalation with antritis nebulizer brought maximum benefit, and not cause harm, follow these recommendations:
- Before using inhalers, you must clean the nose;
- The therapeutic vapor must be inhaled gently through the mouth, making the exhalation through the nose;
- Inhale the vapor carefully so as not to damage the mucous membranes of the mouth.
- Therapy should be carried out twice a day: in the morning and in the evening;
- The course of inhalation mainly spend from 7 to 10 days;
When sinusitis should not be inhaled without medical indications, these procedures should be prescribed by a specialist after the examination. First of all, the doctor identifies whether the patient has contraindications for inhalation with sinusitis, including hypersensitivity to drugs that can be used for procedures.
Medications for inhalation with nexus nebulizer
Inhalation of antritis with a nebulizer is an indispensable treatment at home. Such inhalations are practically devoid of any disadvantages and have a lot of advantages.
The nebulizer breaks down the drug drops to the smallest particles, which allows the drug to fall into the farthest parts of the respiratory tract. As drugs for inhalation, you can use a variety of drugs, we list some of them.
- Polydex - has vasoconstrictor properties and contains in its composition a hormonal drug (dexamethasone) and two antibiotics that provide anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effect;
- Rinofluimilil - possesses vasoconstrictor and secretolytic properties, accelerates the restoration of the mucous membrane;
- Tonsilong N - has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
In order to carry out inhalation, you must first pour 2 ml into the nebulizer. solvent, and then add the number of drops that the doctor prescribed. Distilled water, as a solvent, should not be used, as it can cause a coughing fit. It is better to use saline solution, for example, saline, which must be heated to a temperature of 18-19 degrees.
Nebulizer should be inhaled no earlier than a couple of hours after active exercise. You can not smoke or drink before the procedure. In addition, during the course of the procedures, it is necessary to discontinue the use of expectorant drugs, if they were prescribed earlier. During the treatment procedure, breathing must be even and slow.
Steam inhalation folk remedies
When sinusitis is often carried out steam inhalation folk remedies, because, thus, the active substances of medicinal plants are deeply in the maxillary sinuses and have a therapeutic effect on the nasal mucosa. In addition, it does not require any additional devices.
At home, you can apply such fees herbs for inhalation:
- Very simple and quite effective steam inhalation with propolis. They will need tar of propolis, which is placed in a container with purified boiled water. When the container is heated, medicinal vapors of propolis are released, which are inhaled. In addition to pure tar for inhalation, propolis tincture is also used, which is sold in pharmacies. For the procedure, a standardized tincture containing 80% alcohol solution is mixed with an isotonic solution in the ratio of 1:10, then placed in a steam inhaler or heated in a water bath.
- It is necessary to take 30 large bay leaves and pour them with one liter of boiling water, boil them for 5 minutes over low heat and leave to infuse for 50-60 minutes. After that, you can begin to breathe a couple of the resulting decoction.
- Boil potatoes in uniform. After it is cooked, take a towel, lean over the pan, cover with a towel. Ten minutes to inhale the potato steam first nose, then mouth. At the end of the procedure, it is desirable to drink tea with honey and lemon.
- Connect 1 part of celandine with the St. John's wort, 2 parts of pharmaceutical chamomile flowers, 3 parts of yarrow. From the resulting mixture, you will need 2 tbsp. spoon pour a glass of boiling water and infuse for 30 minutes.
- Mix parts of lemon balm (mint), plantain and celandine in proportions 3: 2: 2, pour 2 tablespoons of the collection with hot water (1 cup). After half an hour you can start inhalation.
- In 500 ml of boiling water drip 5 drops of essential oil (mint, pine, cedar, eucalyptus, tea tree, etc.). Make inhalation.
- For cold inhalation, take an onion and rub it on a grating until the consistency of a slurry. A person does not need to bother with the complex preparation of a recipe or endure the effects of hot steam under a blanket. Onion phytoncides independently penetrate the nasal passages already during its rubbing.
- Mix walnut leaves with yarrow and plantain in the ratio of 1: 2: 3, pour 250 ml boiling water, leave for an hour and make inhalation in the traditional way.
The duration of the procedure is about 10-15 minutes and is determined individually for each patient. In most cases, inhalations for sinus are performed for 7-10 days at home.
As with any procedure, inhalation with a nebulizer may be contraindicated in certain diseases and conditions:
- early period after stroke or myocardial infarction;
- body temperature above 37.5 ° C;
- decompensated form of cardiovascular insufficiency;
- pulmonary hemorrhage;
- bullous emphysema;
When prescribing any inhalation, the physician must take into account the age of the patient, the nature of the course of the disease, comorbidities, and chronic diseases.